There are a lot of great logo designs out there, but what it really comes down to is, what’s your story?
The Great Outdoor Company came to Dayzign Graphics for a logo design that tells a story – not just their story, the one of many families who grew up camping and recreating in the outdoors. Think: Norman Rockwell/station wagon/nostalgic family camping trips/maybe Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon. Which can bring up the most interesting of memories, and for most of us, distinct visual images.
For Steve Omernick, founder of The Great Outdoor Company, it’s aspen trees, high mountain lakes, and Colorado mountain ranges.
Dayzign’s logo design for the Company “GO” was more than just another pretty graphic. We strove to capture that “Ahhhh” feeling you get when your tent or camper is finally setup, and you kick back to enjoy the view. We used images of local mountains to form the illustrative style, along with a personalized color palette that mimics the store experience.
Most of all, our goal was to capture the story. Which is exactly what great logo design strives to do. Communicate your story to your people. In the age of mobile graphics, simplified images and corporate branding, we say, don’t forget your people! Your core story is what keeps us attached and coming back for more.
If you’re in Montrose, Colorado this fall, stop and visit the Great Outdoors Company located on the corner of Main Street and Selig Avenue!
If you need a company logo design, email Kellie today to chat about your story.
It used to be enough to “stand out” from the competition. Our marketing advice today is to get your prospects to see you as the ONLY solution to their need.
According to Laura Lake, independent marketing consultant and strategist, an effective company brand should do the following for your company:
- Deliver your message clearly
- Confirm your credibility
- Connect your target prospects emotionally
- Motivate the buyer
- Concrete your user loyalty
Brand’s aren’t just for cows anymore
A brand is more than just a logo or a bovine mark. It’s your company philosophy and goals, the atmosphere you create for your employees, the lifestyle you promote to your market, and of course, all of your visual marketing, beginning with your logo, website and all marketing materials.
Effective and impactful brands are born from a comprehensive process, one that involves specific questions to help you achieve the most important goals of your company’s visual brand.
Think about these things before tackling your next logo, catalog or website project:
- Clearly establish the values and goals of your company before designing your logo, website or catalog.
- Your logo, website or catalog should connect strongly with your viewers, and portray the goals and values of your company. Be clear about the message you want to portray so that your company’s visual representation accurately reflects your message.
- What differentiates you from your competition in a way that is memorable to your potential market? Let them know what you can do for them that others can’t.
Does your logo rock? … The most important aspect of your visual brand.
Ask yourself these questions when evaluating your current logo:
- Does your logo create confidence in your brand?
- Does your logo create an emotional tie with your viewers, thus developing customer loyalty?
- Is your logo attractive, simple and memorable?
- Does it have a great tagline?
Dayzign Graphics is committed to helping you achieve a stunning visual representation of your brand. We specialize in creating a cohesive visual impression of your brand through all of these promotions.
Take the Next Step
Give us a call at  626-4437 or drop us a line on our online contact form. We’ll be happy to set up a complimentary consultation to review your project and needs and how we can help you get the most out of your visual brand. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Tips for Successful Branding: Creating a company image that sells
Your brand makes a company impression for you when you are not present. It creates a unique visual identity that distinguishes you from your competition. With an effective company image, every letter you send and every business card you hand out serves as a mini promotion for your company, convincing people to take you seriously, and enhancing all of your marketing efforts in one unforgettable impression.
Whether you are considering creating a logo design from start, or revamping an outdated look, the steps below will help you get the most out of your designer, and the most from your image:
Know the Components of a Successful Logo Design
THE LOGO ITSELF
A successful logo should accomplish the following:
- Communicate your image effectively to your market
- Work well in black and white as well as color
- Work well in both large and small formats, such as a business card or a t-shirt
- Draw a second glance from your potential customers, thus drawing a second glance at your business
Get the Most from Your Designer
Follow these steps to a successful designer/client branding meeting:
- Spend some time before meeting with your designer to review designs from other businesses and industries, and determine what you like and dislike about each.
- Collect examples of logos you like to show your designer at the start of your project.
- While deciding upon images that appeal to you, keep in mind your target market, and what gains their attention and respect.
- Keep in mind how you’d like to be viewed within your market. Think big.
- Know the materials you wish to use your logo for, such as website or catalog.
- Have an idea of what your budget allows in terms of design and speak clearly with your designer on what your needs are. That way, they can create the ideal design package to accomplish your goals.
The Importance of the Company Color Palette
Color is an important element of your corporate identity design. The colors you use send messages to people. Here are the widespread color messages:
- Red: power, attention grabber, uplifting
- Blue: wisdom, trust, loyalty, serenity, cleanliness
- Yellow: number one attention-getter, cheerful, playful, warmth, happiness, bargain
- Green: life, hope, youth, natural, healthy
- Black: elegance, sophistication
- White: pure, refreshing, light
Contact Dayzign for more ideas on creating the ideal image for your business, or for a complementary estimate today.