Mountain Trip – Big mountains, big excitement, big fun. And now, a big new website!
Mountain Trip is growing fast! This year they were ready to update their website design, and create a more sophisticated website tool that functions as a client management system. They also wanted to capture their “family” style business environment within their online community. Here’s how we did it:
Dayzign updated the website design and added MANY new features, including these:
- Stellar photos and slide shows (Thanks to all our photographers!)
- A Home page slide show that doubles as a marketing tool by highlighting key trips and directing viewers straight to these pages
- Online community development features: Mountain Trip’s a family. We created media pages with videos, and incorporated their podcasts and social networking links throughout the site and blog, so fans can keep up on this adventure community. More planned for the future – stay tuned on this one!
- Of course it’s the details that make a site, so we added lots of classy design touches along the way
Simultaneously we developed a database behind the scenes that is two sided:
- Clients can sign up for a trip online and their application goes directly into the database
- Mountain Trip staff can access the database from an Administrative side and enter client data, do searches and export mailing lists for marketing purposes – more development to come!
Content is King
- Content is king in the web world, so Mountain Trip owners Todd and Bill put LOTS of personal touches in their writing.
- They’re also big on Giving Back, and the website features the charities they support, including climbing trips organized exclusively for fundraising
- Dayzign imported MT’s “Trip Reports” blogs from various expeditions, where families can follow their loved ones on their expeditions. MT guides now update their trips, FROM THE FIELD, all into one website platform. So families have the latest news at their fingertips.
Finally, because the site is built on a WordPress platform, it’s easy for Mountain Trip to update, including adding photos to slide shows, creating new content, adding videos, and even adding Trip Reports remotely from Mt. Everest!
Hats off to Mountain Trip – they walk the walk and are a true role model for a business that does GOOD things. Visit their site for your next adventure!