“I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.” – Wayne Gretzky
Here are some website tips and inspirations that have come across our desk this year.
- Be dynamic: No one likes a static site, and a quick and easy way to make sure you don’t have a static site is to add a blog to it. A blog is a superb way to keep your site content fresh. You can use it as a News column, Events column, Tips, and much more!
- Before writing a new blog post, write down the main thing you want your blog to accomplish. Think about this each time you write a post.
- Add a photo to your blog post – It’s more likely to be read.
- Add Share buttons – Give folks a chance to share your blog post with one easy click to their facebook, twitter or preferred social network.
- Break up big chunks of text. Blog readers skim. Make sure your posts and pages are easy to digest.
- Comment on your favorite 5 blogs. This brings traffic back to your blog when folks click on your name to see who you are. It also develops your blogging community.
- Understand your viewers: Make sure you have Google Analytics built into your site and get to know your stats. If you aren’t sure how to read your site analytics, ask Dayzign to help you. Google Analytics shows you where your web traffic is coming from – be it search engines, referral sites or direct traffic. AND it shows you which pages folks are going to, how long they stay, where on the globe they’re from and more. Put your marketing money in a researched direction by getting to know your site analytics.
Social Networking Tips:
Branding has reached social networking. Now you can customize a Facebook Welcome page. You can also setup your own backgrounds on your Youtube Channel. Barack Obama did it. Chipotle did it. It’s cool and here’s how:
- How to customize your business Facebook page with a Welcome page: http://thesocialskinny.com/how-to-create-a-facebook-welcome-page-and-get-more-fans/
- How to customize your Youtube Channel: http://www.squidoo.com/how_to_customize_your_YouTube_channel#module11166617
And Finally, Some Inspiration from Steve Jobs:
“Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith. I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on … – Steve Jobs, 2005 Stanford Commencement Speech
Here’s to you finding great inspiration in your work this fall and winter … don’t settle.