Tips for Successful Branding: Creating a company image that sells
Your brand makes a company impression for you when you are not present. It creates a unique visual identity that distinguishes you from your competition. With an effective company image, every letter you send and every business card you hand out serves as a mini promotion for your company, convincing people to take you seriously, and enhancing all of your marketing efforts in one unforgettable impression.
Whether you are considering creating a logo design from start, or revamping an outdated look, the steps below will help you get the most out of your designer, and the most from your image:
Know the Components of a Successful Logo Design
THE LOGO ITSELF
A successful logo should accomplish the following:
- Communicate your image effectively to your market
- Work well in black and white as well as color
- Work well in both large and small formats, such as a business card or a t-shirt
- Draw a second glance from your potential customers, thus drawing a second glance at your business
Get the Most from Your Designer
Follow these steps to a successful designer/client branding meeting:
- Spend some time before meeting with your designer to review designs from other businesses and industries, and determine what you like and dislike about each.
- Collect examples of logos you like to show your designer at the start of your project.
- While deciding upon images that appeal to you, keep in mind your target market, and what gains their attention and respect.
- Keep in mind how you’d like to be viewed within your market. Think big.
- Know the materials you wish to use your logo for, such as website or catalog.
- Have an idea of what your budget allows in terms of design and speak clearly with your designer on what your needs are. That way, they can create the ideal design package to accomplish your goals.
The Importance of the Company Color Palette
Color is an important element of your corporate identity design. The colors you use send messages to people. Here are the widespread color messages:
- Red: power, attention grabber, uplifting
- Blue: wisdom, trust, loyalty, serenity, cleanliness
- Yellow: number one attention-getter, cheerful, playful, warmth, happiness, bargain
- Green: life, hope, youth, natural, healthy
- Black: elegance, sophistication
- White: pure, refreshing, light
Contact Dayzign for more ideas on creating the ideal image for your business, or for a complementary estimate today.